Godwin Woodson wrote, in 1933, that many “people” leave their “peers” and go and find new life in the “city”…what do we leave behind?
I will have a feeling of love and responsibility for all Black children, be
they my own biological descendants or not. The extended family is a traditional
way of life for us, therefore all Afrikan adults are potentially correct Black
– I will teach what is right and what is wrong.
– I will respect my children and will demand respect from them.
– I will strive to produce in the home harmony, stability and an atmosphere of
trust and love. I will provide opportunities for learning and will instill a
sense of pride by teaching our past and present history.
– I will have control and power in the home, being that the home is the smallest
example of a Nation — and if the home is not together you cannot deal with
– I will find the best possible educational institutions for my children and…
View original post 285 more words